24 December 2006

Amsterdam Day three and four

On Monday, R and I went to the Van Gogh Museum. That was amazing. There was so much Van Gogh. SO MUCH. We decided that for lunch we could not have bread and cheese again. We got omelets at this cafe near the Van Gogh Museum. The menu was in Dutch until the the waiter noticed that we were looking puzzled and saying things like "well, I think that means sausage" and gave us an english menu. Then we headed off to walk through the two major parks in Amsterdam, because it was a nice day and I think I am vitamin D deficient. After the parks it was time for our afternoon nap. We took the tram into the center of the city, got some profiterijs and a waffle with chocolate and whipped cream. Heaven.

We took a nap and watched some cop shows, like CSI and law and order. Oh brilliant, american TV! I am all for immersing myself in foriegn culture, but I haven't watched TV in so long. SO LONG. Then we went out and had some different beers. They were tasty.

On Tuesday, we woke up and R went got the bus back to Eindhoven. I then went to the Anne Frank House and the Resistance Museum. then I walked around for HOURS AND HOURS. I walked through this amazing street fair/open market that had every thing and through this outdoor flower market. I restrained myself from buying more cheese.

Then I went to the airport and flew back to Glasgow. When I got home I still had to pack and get ready to leave the next day.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.