02 October 2006

Tha an t'uisge ann

I think that is the only phrase I need to know in Gaelic. It means it is raining. Today, when i left my room, it was sunny. When I got out of Gaelic at 3, it was spitting. By the time i got down the steps of the building, it was a flash flood. When i got home, I had puddles in my shoes. It rains all the time here. ALL THE TIME. Back at Dartmouth, I was too hard core for an umbrella. Now I carry one everywhere. I'm thinking of naming it. I will take suggestions.

Tha introduces a positive statement. uisge is water. It is is the word that "whiskey" comes from. hm.

I spent the weekend visiting with some family friends in the country. It's actually like 20 minutes outside of glasgow, but it is the country. It was fun. I forgot my camera, so I couldn't take pictures, which is disappointing because it was gorgeous.

No comments:

Disclaimer!

This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.