september 11th here now, but some part of me thinks that it is not really September 11th until it is September 11th in New York, so I can write about something besides...
Today we went to Edinburgh. We spent sometime at Edinburgh Castle - which is HUGE and i bought some postcards - i'm sending postcards to pretty much everyone I know. So you'll, if you are reading this blog, probably get a postcard eventually. It's like an addiction. I can't stop. Then we walked over to Arthur's Seat, which is the extinct volcano. S and I didn't make it to the top, but we had some ice cream and waited for everyone to return. Then we returned to Glasgow and I set off to find other Dartmouth Students who arrived today. I found them and we hung out.
Now I am exhausted. It was a busy day and full of another city - Edinburgh is completely different. It is older -the buildings are older and there is more architecture, both old and new. It also seems cleaner. The museums cost money, which is a shock after Glasgow. However, the cemetaries are free. We went to the cemetary where Adam Smith is buried, but we could not find his grave. So we guessed that maybe it was just a myth to get people to visit their cemetary. It was very nice, and the first place I felt that peace of place.
10 September 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 100 Greatest Books (7)
- books (2)
- Conversation (2)
- craftiness (2)
- fun (2)
- I love NY (2)
- J3 (1)
- New York (1)
- rant (8)
- recipes (2)
- room (1)
- Short (5)
- sound and fury signifying nothing (3)
- travel (3)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(41)
- December (2)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (6)
- January (9)
-
►
2009
(62)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (6)
- June (1)
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (21)
-
►
2008
(99)
- December (9)
- November (16)
- October (4)
- September (12)
- August (14)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (10)
- March (14)
- February (8)
- January (1)
Disclaimer!
This blog reflects only my own personal views, and does not reflect those of NYU or any other organizations of which I am a part or those of which I have been part.
No comments:
Post a Comment